Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two Peas in a Pot

My sister and I are know each other very well (just like two peas in a pod.) However, there's a reason why we're called two peas in a pot. I'll explain why.

While we were brainstorming ideas about a blog, we created a list of words that could possibly be incorporated into the title. Once we generated a list with about twenty words, we realized the idea wasn't going to work. Afterwards, we suggested random names. For a while, we thought of doing two ___ sisters but we were unable to brainstorm the middle word. We gave up for a minute or two trying to find a name that was original, creative, and also described what we would blog about. One problem: we had no idea what we would call it or what we would blog about. 

Next, my sister and I generated a list of sections we would talk about on the blog. (The sections will be up shortly!) After brainstorming, we thought of some categories. Once we decided our topics, it was time to get back to find the right name. At this point, my sister and I threw in the towel and decided to ask our mom and aunt to help. (Our aunt does not live with us. We went on vacation to see her in New Zealand. The trip from the east coast of the U.S. to her home in New Zealand took around twenty hours one way. Except, we're saving posts about New Zealand for a later date.)

After a few suggestions from our mom and aunt, our aunt suggested the blog name should be: Two Peas in a Pod. After consideration, both my sister and I agreed on the name. Next, my sister seemed excited to draw the logo. I let her draw because of her excitement plus my drawing skills are quite poor.

When my sister returned, she came back with a photo that looked like a butcher knife (at least that's what I thought she was showing me.) I told her what I thought it was. She explained that this was a picture of two peas in a pot. I told her the saying was two peas in a pod. However, I thought the idea was cute and unique so we changed the d in pod to a t. Now we are two peas in a pot.




1 comment:

  1. Like two peas in a pod meaning:

    When two things, especially people, are very similar. "James and I are like two peas in a pod. We like the same things and we are always together."

    Source: theidioms.com/two-peas-in-a-pod

    ReplyDelete